Here are some helpful suggestions:
* Keep it simple! Solid colors are best. Dark colors, blues, earth tones, and soft pastels are always good choices.
* Avoid clothing that has wording or large logos on it.
* Try to be consistent with everyone in the group. Use the same color or tone for each person. A good rule is to choose each person’s clothing and lay it all out together. Then, take a careful look at the selection. If your eyes are drawn to any one item in particular, you can be certain the same thing will happen in a photograph.
* We recommend classic styles. Your portraits are meant to be enjoyed for generations to come. Trendy clothing will outdate your portrait quickly.
* Make certain shoes are in keeping with the visual intent of the portrait. Your full body will show in the photographs. Barefoot works great outdoors, as long as everyone in the photograph is barefoot.
* For naked baby pictures, please put the diaper on loosely before we arrive. Diaper red marks take time to fade away.